Wit’s End Brewing Merging With Strange Craft Beer Company

Wit’s End Brewing Merging With Strange Craft Beer CompanyFrom Wit’s End Brewing:

To our dearest patrons, friends, colleagues, supporters, vendors, family members, and all of you that have been a part of our journey. And to the many people that have inspired me along the way. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the incredible support over the last 6 years. I have had countless amazing experiences and had the pleasure of working with some of the finest people I have ever known in an incredible industry. But as that very same industry goes through changes and evolves, so must we.

My good friend Tim Myers (of Strange Craft Beer Company) and I spoke one fateful day about the idea of pooling our resources, what we could do together to strengthen our companies, and the idea of co-habitating at his facility was born! As such, the Wit’s End original taproom will close its doors as a new one opens at Strange before the end of the year. We will have tiny corner of the brewery (think tiny homes, but a brewery, so cooler) and have at least four Wit’s End taps. Strange will produce most of our beer in their brewhouse as well as distribute around Denver. Just as energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another, so too will Wit’s End Brewing Company (that’s Einstein yo). We will soon emerge from the chrysalis as a beautiful butterfly—but chubby, bald, no wings, and a beard.

Much like Tango & Cash, Jay & Silent Bob, and maybe Beavis & Butthead, this move will allow us to share resources, as well as be the first breweries in Denver to have a co-taproom. We will also be promoting Wit’s End Head Brewer Tyler Bies to hold the reigns for both breweries which will ensure the transition runs smoothly on our end, and free up Tim to take on more operations on his. Tim and I are so excited for this, we already share many of our great customers, and now we can bring everyone together into one happy craft beer family. As this is unprecedented in Denver, it is for us too, so we just ask for your patience (and feedback) as we move through this transition. There are many exciting plans ahead, and we both feel confident that this move will strengthen both breweries and set the stage for the future.

Tim will be in charge of all the day-to-day operations. I will be stepping down from an active day-to-day role in running the company to pursue other endeavors, or perhaps walk the earth a little like Kwai Chang Caine and see where it leads. I plan on continuing to contribute recipe ideas from time to time, make an occasional appearance at taproom events as well as festivals, and proudly represent the craft brewing industry wherever and whenever I can. I also hope to free up a little more time to spend with my family as well as focus on my potential second mid-life crisis. So if anyone is interested in a gently used brewery owner, I still have plenty of miles left in me, please contact me directly and I will bring the beer.

I would like to sincerely thank my crew past and present. They have fought in the trenches with with me, and are absolutely the reason we have enjoyed 6 amazing years in the original taproom. Last, but certainly not least, I would like to thank my wife Heather, and my three little girls Lily, Marley, and Nixie for putting up with more than is fair to ask so I could go on this journey. Hopefully the advantages equaled the sacrifices most of the time my dears. I am confident this has taught them the importance of chasing their own dreams someday, as well as learning to adapt to an ever-changing world. I love you guys more than anything…

EXCELSIOR!

Scott Witsoe
Owner/Brewer/Dreamer
Wit's End Brewing Company LLC
witsendbrewing@gmail.com

https://radcraftbeer.com/news/strangewitscohabitation

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).